Who can Lifewise help?
Anybody who is concerned about their drinking can benefit from using the materials on Lifewise and signing up for our emails or online programme. The advantages of using Lifewise include
- You remain anonymous
- Available 24 hours a day
- No travelling
- No sitting in waiting rooms
- Use on your smartphone, tablet, PC etc
- Use at a time and place that suits you- no need to take time off work
Who can benefit from the full Lifewise programme? (coming soon)
The full programme is designed for
- Women over the age of 21 (when we get funding we’ll develop a programme for men)
- Women who want to have a healthier lifestyle and drink less
- Comfortable using technology to learn and can use Skype or a similar system
- Can spend at least four hours a week spread over at least 4 days a week to use the programme
- Can spend half an hour each week to chat online with their coach without any interruption
Who may not benefit from Lifewise courses?
- If you prefer to talk to some one face to face, then Lifewise may not be right for you.
- If you are physically addicted to alcohol you may need medical support to start reducing your alcohol intake in a way that’s safe for your body. Click here to find out if you may have a physical dependence on alcohol.
- If you feel suicidal or have strong thoughts about hurting yourself at this time then meeting some one face to face will be more helpful for you. Please click here for details of services from other organisations.
- If you need an immediate response because you are in crisis or are losing touch with reality (e.g psychosis) then meeting some one face to face will be more helpful for you. Click here for details of emergency response services. The Lifewise service operates online only, so it will not be able to provide the type of help you need.
- Lifewise is intended to compliment and not replace the advice of health care professionals. If in any doubt please consult a health care professional.